“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” ~ Nelson Mandela, leader and advocate.
Hello, my name is Marina Barbosa and I am an educational and behavior interventionist. In the field of psychology that means I provide therapy and support for children struggling with academic, behavior, or social skills problems.
My Qualifications Include:
- Masters Degree in Educational Psychology (M.A. Ed-psy)
- CBEST Teaching Credential
- Future Behavior Analyst (currently in training under the supervision of a credentialed behavior analyst)
To learn more about my education and experience visit my LinkedIn professional webpage by clicking here.
Educational Psychology: Educational psychology is the study of learning including; methods of teaching, how an individual learns best, child development and psychology, and special education and all related topics.
Behavior Specialist:A Board Certified Behavior Analyst, or “BCBA” is the title given to an individual who is an expert in behavior psychology, behavior modification, and a certified behavior analyst. Behavior analysts are mental health professionals who apply behavioral psychology techniques to help individuals succeed. I am currently in training to become a BCBA. I am completing the applied fieldwork portion under the supervision of a credentialed Behavior Analyst.
While many psychologists use their BCBA credential to focus on the treatment of individuals with Autism, I strive to bring the principles of behavior psychology to a variety of different settings and people including; parents, children, and teachers. Click here to learn more about board certified behavior analysts.
Education and Training:As an alumni of Chapman University’s educational psychology program, I have studied the most recent and scientifically based ways to educate and motivate children. My areas of knowledge include;
- Learning and education for special needs students.
- Learning and education for general education students.
- Clinical and applied child psychology.
- Therapy and counseling (Solution Focused or SFBT).
- School based psycho-educational assessment (IQ and achievement testing).
- Educational systems including primary schools and universities.
- Leadership and development.
Experience:Eighteen years ago I began working with children of all ages and abilities. Over nearly two decades I have been lucky enough to have touched the lives of many children of all ages and abilities as an; educator, special needs instructor in a non-public school, tutor, behavior therapist, conflict resolutions manager, care-taker, and respite care provider.
Contact Ms. Marina at Marinab@fundamentalenhancement.com